Monday, March 1, 2010

Yum.

I love going out to dinner. I know, who doesn't, right? But seriously. I love love love trying new restaurants around Chicago. I keep a list of places I want to try in the back of my planner. (Sidenote: C and I are both over-the-top obsessed with our planners. If you're ever in the market for a new one, we're the gals to come to. Hmm, actually that sounds like a blog post in the making, dontcha think, C?)

So, the page in my planner looks a little something like this (minus the italics - that's just for you):

Table Fifty-Two CHECK! This Oprah's personal chef (Art Smith)'s restaurant. It is yummy Southern food in a cozy atmosphere. It was delicious, but I was definitely thinking it would be the best dinner I've ever had. It wasn't.

Boka CHECK! Awesome date spot - went here on a double date and we were treated like royalty. Could have been due to the champagne-ordering, but overall amazing experience here. Can't wait to go back.

The Publican Really excited to go here - the beer list is endless and I am such a beer-lover.

Gemini Bistro CHECK! Been for dinner and brunch. Dinner 100% better than brunch. Insanely good brussel sprouts (not kidding).

The Purple Pig New restaurant on the Mag Mile. Looks yummy.

Big Star CHECK! Went here on Friday night. Ummm it is insane. $2 tacos made with all organic ingredients - to. die. for. I think we ordered 50 tacos for the 4 of us. Awesome margaritas. Don't even get me started on the guac. Crowded, but totally worth the wait. Literally want to go back this weekend.

Perennial CHECK! Farmin Ibérico ham croquettes, garlic aioli. Enough said?

The Pump Room Old Chicago in the Ambassador East Hotel. Saving this for a special occasion. Great for celeb spottings.

Xoco A Rick Bayless restaurant. P really wants to go here. Hoping it's in the near future.

Hopleaf CHECK! Never have I ever seen so many beers. Amazing frites with mayo (don't knock it til you try it).

Great Lake Pizza Heard this was the best pizza in the city. Must go here to confirm.

There are A LOT more restaurants I have been to and am dying to try, but just thought I'd give you a little taste (hehe get it?).

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment