Thursday, March 11, 2010

Fat Tire & The Best Pizza On Earth

It's only 11 a.m. and I'm already thinking about dinner. Typical.

Tonight I am headed to one of my all-time favorite restaurants in Chicago - Bricks. Located on the cusp of Lincoln Park and Old Town, it is a perfect Thursday night spot. For one, their pizza is to die for, and two, it is half price Fat Tire night. They have the large 22 oz. bottles there - normally $8 - and I will be enjoying a frosty cold one (or two?) for only 4 bucks - pretty good deal!

The pizza isn't Chicago deep dish - it's thinner crust (but not crackery thin or anything) - and is just perfect. My absolute favorite on the menu is the "Painful" - topped with spicy pepperoni, purple onion, fresh jalapeno, garlic, tomato sauce and mozzarella. Considering I put tobasco sauce on everything (even my cottage cheese everyday - yum!), you can see why I adore this pie.

Other delicious pizzas I love are the Red Planet (sausage, red pepper, purple onion, goat cheese, tomato sauce and mozzarella) and the Popeye (fresh spinach, tomatoes, roasted garlic, tomato sauce, feta and mozzarella). Bricks also has awesome baked goat cheese with marinara and garlic toast, and I always can go for a good caprese salad. My stomach is making noises while I type this! (A little awkward for my coworkers who I sit 2 feet away from - sorry I'm not sorry.)

Dinner can't come soon enough!

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment