Friday, February 26, 2010

We're All Neurotic.


I love browsing the book section at Urban Outfitters. My all-time favorite one to read in the store is i am neurotic (and so are you). This book is HIGHlarious. It s basically confessions about people's weird OCD tendancies. It's funny because when I read it, there are definitely compulsions that I totally relate to. There's also a website for people to add their own tendancies, and here are a few OCD highlights from that - I bet you'll relate to some too. . .:

I can only bite a Triscuit if my teeth are aligned with the direction of the grains on the cracker.

Every time I go by something I touch it, I have to touch it for the amount of times that I am old. For example, if I poke a wall, and I’m currently 20 years old, I have to poke it 20 times. And if by some coincidence I miss one, I have to star over until I have touched it 20 times in a row.

When I eat colored candies (Skittles, M&Ms, etc.) I have to eat the red candies first because they’re my least favorite and I have to make sure the last candy in the bag isn’t red. Otherwise I have to get another bag so I can eat a “good” color and get the red taste out of my mouth.

I count letters everywhere: a=1, b=2, c=3, etc, up until the letter f. I stop at f because that’s the highest that I can count quickly.

When walking up a flight of stairs, I have to begin with my right foot and end at the top with my left foot. As I approach the top of the stairs, and can see that I will end with my right foot, I will skip a step to ensure it is my left foot finishing.

If I am writing and I dot an i, if it’s not obviously visible, I have to go back and re-dot it.

When I’m on the elliptical trainer at the gym, the rate of incline and the resistance have to match. They also have to be on even numbers.

When I walk over a bridge, I have to hold on really tight to my belongings because I fear I might throw them off.

If I drive in the rain, then park and turn the engine off, and my windshield wipers are frozen halfway across my windshield, I must restart my car again just to put them where they belong.

When I brush my teeth I count each stroke; if I do not do this my family will die.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment