Monday, February 8, 2010

it's funny because it's true

“So many mothers say they want their daughters to be independent, but what they really hope is that they’ll find a well-compensated banker or lawyer and settle down between the ages of 25 and 28 in Greenwich, Darien, or That Town, USA, to raise babies, do the grocery shopping, and work out in relative comfort for the rest of their lives. I know this, because I employ their daughters. They raise us to think they want us to have careers, and they send us to college, but even they don’t really believe women can be autonomous.” -Kelly Cutrone (via holleewoodworld)

I have 2-5 years to get this figured out. Good news is, my mother doesn't fall into this category...pressures off i guess?

(Is it bad that I think I would be alright with that being my future?? Sounds like an alright lifestyle to me)

peaceloveandgchat.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment