Monday, February 8, 2010

superbowl=super yummy.

Post Superbowl Monday's are probably worse than your average Monday. Not only did I go out this weekend, and feel rather rough on Sunday morning, I continued on the partying bender, and went out again last night...to "watch" a football game. Now, I'm not exactly a football fan by ANY means, but I do love the Superbowl! I don't know what I love more; the food, the beer, the commercials, or the half-time show!

Who am I kidding? It's definitely the food. And let me tell you, there was a PLETHORA of food at this Superbowl party (which is probably why I had such a hard time putting my pants on this morning...). I love cooking, and my friends often demand a few of my standard apps when we go to parties. (And by MY standard apps, I really mean my moms standard apps). These foods are SO easy to make, and really a crowd pleaser. Last night I made two different dishes. Each has no more than 4 ingredients, and individually take 5-10 minutes to make! What could be better?!

1. Sweedish Meatballs.

Everyone has had Sweedish Meatballs. Always a hit at parties. I, however, take a lot less time to make them than most people. As in, I buy the meatballs pre-made. Trader Joe's carries "Party Size Mini Meatballs" which are the perfect size for this dish. In addition to the meatballs, you will need:

-1, 12 oz jar of Chili Sauce
-1 small jar of Grape Jelly (roughly 12 oz.)
-1 generous tablespoon of Dijon Mustard

In a large pot, mix the three liquid ingredients together. Heat until the jelly has liquified and ingredients have blended together. Add in the meatballs (you can put the frozen ones straight in there if you have about 30 minutes to let it cook on the stove top. Otherwise, toss them in the microwave for a few minutes and then throw them in the pot). Once the meatballs are looking well coated, transfer to a dish, and serve with toothpicks! This dish will be the first one to go.

2. Bean Dip.

Another favorite. Only 3 ingredients:

-One box of cream cheese
-One can of Hormel Chili with Beans
-One package of shredded cheddar cheese

Using a microwavable dish, cover the bottom with the cream cheese. I suggest using a spoon to do this, as it really gets the cream cheese flat. Pour the Hormel Chili with Beans on top of the Cream Cheese. Sprinkle the Cheddar on top of the Chili. Microwave for 5+ minutes. Serve with Tostitos Bite Sized Round Tortilla Chips (best for scooping!).

You may or may not have a serious stomach ache the next morning if you eat too much of the bean dip, but it is well worth it! Pair with a nice can (or two or three or four) of Bud Light, and sit back, and enjoy the commercials...uhhh i mean game.

peaceloveandgchat.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment