Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brussel Sprouts & Bacon


I had to wake up early on Sunday morning, so I decided to take it easy on Satruday night. P and I made dinner and watched a movie ("Charlie Wilson's War" in honor of Charlie Wilson's recent passing and P's personal fav). As you know, I am kind of on a cooking kick, so I flipped through my Real Simple Easy, Delicious Meals cookbook and found something that tickled my fancy - Sautéed Brussels Sprouts With Bacon and Golden Raisins. Ew, except the golden raisins part, that sounded kinda nast. To accompany this delish dish, I made garlic chicken and Trader Joe's Harvest Grains, which is a combination of Israeli couscous, orzo, dried garbanzo beans and quinoa.


Dinner was great - but brussel sprouts were especially awesome - I mean, who doesn't love anything with bacon?! I swear, even if you claim you "don't like" brussel sprouts (which, by the way, is a total cop-out because most people who say they don't like them has never even tried them - or has only had them steamed), honestly, you will love these. This Real Simple cookbook has really come in handy - I am excited to try even more recipes from it (and share them - duh).

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment