Monday, April 5, 2010

Summertime Chi

I don't know if you've heard but. . .Chicago in the summer is BOMB. We Chicagoans are obsessed with the months of May - September. We live for these months. Probs because the other 8 months of the year we have to deal with the horrid winter (apparently there are only two seasons in this city - winter & summer).

Cubs games, kickball leagues (woop!), outdoor concerts, runs on the lakefront, outdoor eating, rooftop decks and summer festivals are all awesome summer activities in the Chi. Let's focus on summer fests because C (along with N and CMac!) will be visiting me and this amazinggg city for the Old Town Art Fair / Wells Street Festival in June!

Here's a rundown of the street festivals I'll be checking out in Chicago this summer:

June 12 & 13: Old Town Art Fair
June 12 & 13: Wells Street Art Festival
June 25 - July 4: Taste of Chicago
June 27: Chicago Pride Parade
July 9 & 10: Old St. Pat's World's Largest Block Party
July 17 & 18: Sheffield Garden Walk and Festival
July 24 & 25: Taste of Lincoln Avenue
August 6 - 8: Lollapalooza
September 24 - 26: Oktoberfest

I lied. I will not be attending Lolla (wahhhh!) because I am out of town that weekend, but I had to add it because, well, it's Lolla. If you're in town, you must go.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment