Friday, April 9, 2010

A Different Kind of Theme Party.

This summer I'll be attending "A Midsummer Night's Dream" theme party. When I hear "theme party" my thoughts immediately turn to the good ol' college parties - 80s, CEOs and Secretary Hoes, Golf Pros and Tennis Hoes (do I see a trend?), White Trash, Anything But Clothes, Rubix Cube, etc.

Even though the sioree isn't until July 31, naturally I have already started to look for some dress options. Here are my thoughts. I think of flowy and flowery when I think of Midsummer Night's Dream. Not sure why, but that's what I'm going with.

The frontrunner is this J. Crew Watercolor Garden Bridget Dress. I love the one-shoulder, and the print is really pretty. AND it's lavender - love it!



This Shoshana Scoopneck Dress could work. I feel like I'm looking for dresses that remind me of running / frolicking through a forest or something. . .ha? Eek maybe I need to re-read the Shakespeare classic.


Green is my favorite color, so I am always drawn to it (along with purple, ha). This is pretty (and Milly!) - Milly Corset Strapless Dress.


J. Crew Waterfloral pastiche Taryn Dress.



Long and flowy is also an option. Like this BCBG Strapless Printed Chiffon Gown.




The J. Crew Delphinia Gown seems perfect with the braided belt, but it's not really me. . .


J. Crew Silk chiffon Taryn Gown.


I have some time. . .but it's a start!

Thoughts?

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment