Friday, April 16, 2010

Rooftop Dining

Yesterday it hit 83 degrees here so it was only appropriate to eat dinner on P's roof deck.

I obviously turned to my Real Simple's Easy, Delicious Meals and decided to make the Parmesan Pasta with Chicken and Rosemary because P looooves orecchiette pasta (I like it too and also - this is kinda awkward - it's cute pasta. . .though I don't think that's the reason P likes it. . .).


The recipe calls for shredded rotisserie chicken - which I realized I hadn't had in forever - umm soo good! Sidenote: my roommate, E just loves her some rotisserie. As she puts it: "you can just sit there and like pick at it (gross but true)." Ha. Hmm looks like maybe we should have some whole chickens in our fridge for snacking??

We also made Ina Garten's Parmesen-Roasted Broccoli (oops, parm overload). I think I picked this one because of the pine nuts. I LOVE LOVE pine nuts - in salads, plain, whatevs. The broc was delish.


Paired with an Oberon (Alpha King for P), the Chicago skyline and the company of P's roommate and his girlfriend. . .made for a pretty nice night to kick off the gorgeous spring weather.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment