Friday, January 29, 2010

In the Dog House.


I have the (unfortunate) tendency to already think about my next meal when I haven't even finished eating what's on my plate. For instance, today at lunch while I was munching on Stacey's pita chips dipped in yummy tomato basil bisque soup, I couldn't help but have my mind wander to tonight's dinner. P and I are headed to the newly-opened Chicago's Dog House on Fullerton (at the Fullerton/Lincoln/Halsted intersection). As you (should) know, Chicago is known for our hot dogs - and we're kind of crazy about it. A traditional Chicago-style dog consists of an all-beef hot dog on a poppyseed bun, topped with mustard, onion, relish, tomato slices, a dill pickle spear and celery salt. To. Die. For.

Though Chicago's Dog House will have the traditional Chicago dog that is - as they call it - "dragged through the garden," they pride themselves on their unique takes on the Windy City favoite. The French Poodle is topped with Brie cheese, grey poupon, & pear and there is a Smoked Duck Sausage with Swiss cheese, mushrooms, caramelized onions and dijon mustard. Just looking at the menu online my mouth is watering! No matter what I choose, I am totally going to get their homemade fries (which actually look more like chips) - yum!


I'll be sure to fill you in on what I choose to stuff my face with tonight.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment