Tuesday, January 26, 2010

California Dreaming. . .Every Week.


As I write this, I am gorging on my all-time favorite lunch: the California Dreaming salad from Foodstuffs. Foodstuffs is a gourmet specialty food store in Chicago's North Shore suburbs. They have amazing catering services, as well as homemade appetizers, soups, salads, sauces, breads and pastries. Oh, and an excellent assortment of taste-testers. I usually make the rounds (two or three times. . .) around the store before heading up to the salad counter. I treat myself to Foodstuffs about once a week and have to restrain from buying out the entire shop when I go in there (it helps to remind myself that I live in an tiny apartment with an even tinier kitchen and one roommate - not cooking for a family of six with a house in the burbs and a kitchen like Ina Garten's any time soon).

But back to my salad. . .this bowl of goodness has spinach, tofu, edamame, walnuts and dried cranberries with balsamic vinagrette. They chop it with this J.A. Henckels Chopper - and it's absolutely amazing.

I can't wait for C to visit me in Chicago (!!) and I can open her virgin eyes to the wonderful world of Foodstuffs.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment