Wednesday, January 5, 2011

On GChat

Decided to check out the site C just posted about and stumbled upon an article that immediately had my attention: On GChat. So appropriate for this blog. Here's a peek into the article:

4. I started GChatting on March 6th, 2007, and as of this writing, I have 9940 chats in my records. If you have an idea for how I should commemorate my 10,000th chat – I estimate it will take place sometime late next week – you should let me know.

30. People who select “busy” as their GChat status, which turns the circle next to their name red, are not usually busy. When you type something to a “busy” contact, the program warns: “[Contact] is busy. You may be interrupting.” “May,” indeed. If they were busy, they’d be invisible.

42. There’s no Wikipedia entry for “GChat.” If you type “GChat” into Wikipedia’s search field, it redirects you to the umbrella entry “Google Talk,” or “GTalk,” which is a word I have never heard anyone use, online or otherwise. Wikipedia says: “Google talk is a no-charge Windows web-based application for instant messaging and voice over internet protocol client offered by Google Inc.” I wonder if I should fix it?

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment