Monday, June 14, 2010

Help.

I am playing in my office's golf outing tomorrow and I am freaking out for a few reasons.

1.) I don't play golf.

2.) I don't own clubs.

3.) I am nervous people are expecting me to be good - I play other sports, and they automatically think I'm a natural at all sports. (Not the case when it comes to golf.)

4.) What do I wear?!

I've known about this golf outing for a year now. Last year, I did not participate and the head of the event has been riding my butt about it ever since. For some strange reason, she seriously thinks I am a big golfer. In fact, a lot of people in the office think I am! It is really weird. Like, yes, I have played golf before. In fact, when I was younger, I used to play a lot in the summer with my dad and grandfather (circa 2000). But have I played recently? NO! P has taken me to the driving range a few times with him this year and has given me some pointers, but that hardly counts as "playing."

Coach P is out of town and has been since last week, so I haven't even been able to spruce up my game at the range with him before the big scramble tomorrow! Eek! This could be interesting. . .

On top of all this, I have no clue what I'm going to wear. Huge dilemma. I will admit I own some Bermuda shorts (ew they look soo bad on my short legs), because my dad took me to the range last summer and I had nothing "appropriate" to wear (apparently you can't wear 3" J.Crew shorts and a Hanes V-neck to the club?) so I had to invest in some longer shorts. . .much to my dismay. So maybe I'll whip those babies out for this occasion. Ugh.

Welp, at least I heard that my coworkers booze pretty hard during this event, so that's something I can look forward to.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment