Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Gobble Gobble.

This time next week, I will be sitting at JFK, waiting for my flight to Istanbul, Turkey. That's right. You read correctly. I am off to Turkey for our annual family summer vacayyyy. You're probably thinking, "why the H is she going to Turkey" or "of all places?!" or "hmmm Turkey isn't all that safe these days." Well trust me, I've heard every response. Regardless, in t-minus 7 days, I will be en route to this Eurasian country.

As you may know, I am usually totally organized, well in advance, for my travels. This time, I am far from prepared. As a matter of facts, I still can't quite figure out what it is we are doing while we are there, so I don't even know where to start with the contents of my suitcase. I have, however, managed to fully research every hotel we are staying in. And since I have bored both R and HLR to tears with sending them links/pictures of our accomodations, I figure I will bring all of you to that level as well! So, here it goes....

Thursday AM we arrive in Istanbul, where we will be staying at The Marmara-Taksim Hotel for 4 nights.


I anticipate spending the majority of the first day here...


and here...


Once I get over my ambien hangover and jet-lag, I put my fate in the hands of our tour guide. (I truly have no say in this, as we typically travel in the pack of 14 on these trips...some serious QT with the fam). I am hoping that the tour guide will look something like Chris L, and we get to spend an afternoon olive oil wrestling. I mean....

After 4 days of experiencing Istanbul in similar fashion to the extremely romantic trip taken on The Bachelorette (with the addition of 13 loud family members, and a lot of complaints), we are headed to Cappadocia, a scenic cave village ( i took that straight out of the itinerary...i have no effing clue where/what Cappadocia is, but I know our hotel looks BAMF).

Regardless, the itinerary doesn't lie, and the place does look mighty scenic....

We are staying at the Cappadocia Cave Resort...

Two days of hot air ballooning and looking at landscapes and chimneys (seriously, going back to that trusty itinerary again...and in case you're wondering, these said chimneys are raaaather falic looking...should make for a few giggles at least), and we will be more than ready to head to our next destination. (Sidenote...I feel like I am narrating an episode on the Travel Channel).

We will be spending the following night (yes, just one night...due to an epidemic of ADD, my family cannot handle more than 24 hours without action) in a town called Kusadasi at the Charisma Hotel.

We have no tourist type plans this day, so if my family sends out a search party looking for me, you will most likely find me here...


or here....


Next Stop-Bodrum. While in Bodrum, we will be staying at the Marmara Bodrum Hotel for 2 nights. Once again, I have no idea what to expect from this city (if it even is a city).


Umm...Yes Please! I cannot wait to trade in my view of the conference room for this!
After two days of what I hope will be this (but in reality will be a lot of walking around and touring the city), we will be headed back to Istanbul for one last night before our flight back to reality.

While I have done a solid effort at making it seem like I will be spending 12 days pool hopping, I have a feeling it will be quite the opposite. I may or may not have left out a few details that the itin. had to offer. (Mainly for the reason that I did not understand what half of the information meant/was). I guess that will have to wait til I get back.


And now that I have completely wasted 4 hours researching, and an hour posting about my hotels, I am officially going on this trip in whatever clothes I decide to wear on the plane. Unless I get my act together and start making piles of clothes tonight! (Who am I kidding, I have a severe case of OCD...I have a very well organized mental list going on...but its not official until it's in my suitcase).


Until then, the countdown begins.

7 days!

peaceloveandturkey.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment