Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nice Little Sunday.

For me, Sundays normally consist of brunch, working out, (attempting to) play golf, laundry, hanging out, shopping, errands, etc. Pretty low key normally, and that's the way I like it. This past Sunday, however was quite different than that.

P and I were invited by P's roommate JD and his girlfriend JM to a wine tasting at Tasting deVine in Wheaton. We took the Metra out in the morning (and actually almost missed the train. . .apparently 10:42 a.m. was a little too early for this group after a Trolley Party the night before. . .), brunched at Egg Harbor, and spent the rest of the afternoon at this cute wine shop on the main drag in Wheaton. Wheaton is one sleepy little town, especially on a Sunday morning. . .but we weren't there to hang out in Wheaton - we were there to drink DUH! Ha.

We started out with the whites: Chenin Blanc, Riesling and Viognier. I am not really a white wine drinker (but I do looooove my reds), so I ended up pouring a good portion of my white into P's glass. Oops.

For the reds, we tasted the winery's Syrah (my favorite of the bunch!), Cabernet-Zinfandel and Cabernet Sauvignon.

This wine shop was unique because their grapes come from all over the country, yet all the wines are made at one winery in Roselle, Illinois.

All in all, I highly recommend spicing up your Sunday with a midday wine tasting. Greatttt way to get into the work week.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment