Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interns

I made the BEST soup last night. I found it on Cupcakes and Cashmere (which linked to Chez Megane). Subconsciously I may have chosen to make it because two nights ago I had a dream that C and I were Emily's (of CandC) interns. . .no joke. . .weird. Regardless, it was awesome and I now have soup stocked up in my fridge for the week!

White Bean, Kale and Sausage Soup.

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5 gloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
freshly ground black pepper
Generous 2/3 of one large bunch kale, washed
2 (15 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained
¾ (16 oz) package smoked sausage, kielbasa, or Italian sausage links, sliced
6-8 cups chicken or vegetable broth

Directions:

Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the sausage slices and sauté until nicely browned. If using uncooked sausage in casings, sauté until fully cooked. Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pan. Cook until translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Tear the kale into bite size pieces and set aside. Deglaze the pan by pouring in a small amount of broth and scraping the bottom of the pot. Pour in the rest of the broth and bring to a boil. Add the bay leaf and pepper. Once the broth is simmering, stir in the kale, cover, and simmer 10 minutes until the kale is wilted completely. Stir in the white beans and cook 5 more minutes until heated through. Serve with some crusty bread and grated parmesan. Serves 8.

I love kaleeeee!

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment