Thursday, February 24, 2011

Foodies.

KS is my foodie buddy. We don't like to call ourselves foodies, but let's be honest, when we get together for dinner, we are. Girl & the Goat, Lillie's Q, Big Star, Sunda, The Publican. . .and adding to the list tonight Maude's Liquor Bar. . .yep, let's face it. We love good food.

Maude's was awesome tonight. Loved the vibe - dark, French-ish, with a definite trendy feel, but not overly so. Plus, they played 2 or 3 Arcade Fire songs while we were there. . .so I was sold.

We started out with the French Onion Fondue - basically the soup - without the broth and with crusty gooey gruyere cheese on top.


Yum. Next up was the Pomme Frites with garlic aioli, the sausage, and the blackened brussel sprouts. I loved everything (and we devoured it all), but I bet you can guess what was my fav!

Ding ding ding! BRUSSEL SPROUTS !

Definitely making the trip back to this West Loop joint.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment