Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fresh Start !

I will definitely post a few pics this week from my family's amazing trip to Switzerland, but for now I am focused on getting organized for the week. Grocery, laundry, preparing lunch for tomorrow and a good workout were all on the agenda today and I am happy to say I can check all of them off and it's not even 4 p.m. yet! I love productive Sundays. Hah.

I have been wanting to try Gwyneth's Detox for a while now, but was a little intimidated by it - even just the word "detox" kinda freaks me out. While eating breakfast at Whole Foods this morning, I decided I would make a few recipes from her detox, while not adhering to it religiously.

So!

Lunch for the next two days will be the Salad with Ginger and Carrot Dressing. I made it earlier today and tasted the dressing - YUM - it's really really good with lots of flavor.


Dressing:

  • 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh ginger
  • 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
  • 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seed oil
  • 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
  • 2 tablespoons water


Salad:


head of baby gem lettuce (or any greens), roughly cut

1/4 red onion, thinly sliced

1/4 avocado, diced


Pulse the carrot, shallot and ginger in a blender until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, add the miso, vinegar and sesame seed oil and whiz together. While the blender is going, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil and the water.

Combine the lettuce, onion and avocado in a bowl, drizzle with plenty of dressing and serve.


Bringing this salad for lunch to work is going to help with the Monday-back-from-vacation blues I think (or at least I hope. . .). We'll see!

peaceloveandkindadetox.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment