Monday, February 1, 2010

Pancetta and Marscapone.


One lazy afternoon the other weekend, P and I were watching Giada at Home with Giada De Laurentiis on the Food Network. P probs sat through it because Giada is a hottieeee, but I was totally into it because she was making my favorite meal - brunch! The dishes looked so awesome, it inspired P and I to head to Whole Foods this weekend and make the delicious recipes we saw on the show.

First up on our list was her Breakfast Tart with Pancetta and Green Onions. It's basically a quiche made with grueyre, marscapone cheese and salty pancetta. It came out of the oven with the crust golden brown and the cheese all bubbly. . .YUM.

Next, we made Giada's Almond Pancakes. I swear - I don't think I'll be able to eat a regular pancake ever again after devouring these. For real. They were THAT insane. The almond paste in the batter is what makes this recipe rock. Giada recommends that you not mix the batter completely so that there are little chunks of almond paste in the otherwise smooth batter. I must agree with the Italian - getting a little extra almond flavor in the individual pancake was such a treat - a little chunk of a surprise!

We were SO full after the tart and pancakes we couldn't bring ourselves to make our third brunch item, the Cirtus Cream Smoothie, so we saved it for a Sunday snack. Now, I am not a huge smoothie fan, but I totally gulped this concoction down - it was so light and refreshing, Giada just may have converted me to a smoothie-lover.

A lot of things about Giada are amazing (the fact that she can eat all this insanely yummy food and still stay so slim, for example. . .!), but one thing that makes me love (and sometimes hate) Giada is the way she incorporates her Italian accent into her everyday English. The way she says marscapone and pancetta. . .priceless. Compliments of my sister, CP, please watch this video to see first-hand what I am talking about.

peaceloveandgchat.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment